lookin for an amp to power two yamaha outdoor speakers
got them mounted up above the headrests on either side
im looking for some kind of ipod->amp->speaker set up
thoughts?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was thinking about the poly-planar setup, but im just wondering how the volume is going to be affected by the small size of amp,i dont think it can measure up

also jerry, whyd u choose to put the amp inbetween the roof bars?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I went with a 500w JL marine Amp that I mounted under the dash. Pics are on this site.

·
Registered
466 Posts
i have 2 ssv pods above the headrest in the back bolted to my 4 seater roof, also have 2 ssv pods set up by the feet up front with ssv sub in the middle up front. I run a 700 watt Jensen amp mounted up front under the hood. i run my ipod off of this, i run the ipod cable into the glove box leave the ipod in there and i have a remote for the ipod that mounts on my steering wheel. works great for me. i live and ride in the dessert, ran through some washes and creeks and never any problem with it being under the hood.

·
Registered
314 Posts
i was thinking about the poly-planar setup, but im just wondering how the volume is going to be affected by the small size of amp,i dont think it can measure up

also jerry, whyd u choose to put the amp inbetween the roof bars?
I thought about the Poly-Planar myself. Cost was high for the power. I went with a MTX marine 900wt and turned down the gains. Incased it in Plexiglass for extra reliability. been there for almost two years now. The volume knob is from the local stereo shop and the ipod is in the glove compartment.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
just to keep it dry. i think its the best spot as far as keeping it dry.
Thats exactly where I mounted my Clarion marine amp.I screwed it thru the heat sink mount holes to the back of the roll bar,I then Zip tied the front holes around the grab bar,The only part that sees the elements is the power cord down to the battery,everything else is tucked up under the roof.I did mount my ipod to the centre console but its in a protective case

·
Registered
12 Posts
My out of the way amp mount

I tried many radios in the rhino none of them held up to the trails I enjoy riding. I am trying a marine amp mounted in a water resistant radio enclosure. Just ran a 1/4" to RCA adaptor so most any portable device will just plug right up.
I think this will work well and it frees up plenty of room in the cab.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here's my current setup.

MB Quart NAU460 ---->got it for $110 shipped, GREAT amp.
Audioformz pods loaded with Kicker loudspeakers
Kicker CompV 10" in ported box (temp for now, like it being easily removable at the moment.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i went with the marine JL 4channel 500W ipod setup.. it fits between the 2 rollbars under the roof well... can buy the amp new for about $280..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts