Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have an Alba reworked stock carb? If anyone does was it worth the time and money?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
From what I hear, just buy the butterfly from them and take it somewhere else to get the carb bored out.

I would go that way....

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Is this worth it? Do you really get any gains? I was think about going through Alba. For the price it's better than buying a new one.

·
Registered
297 Posts
total rip off, never butterfly and carb bore is about $90
they are trying to rip you off, I know rhinocraft has the same thing for 185 but it is just no worth the money

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I had mine done on my quad,,,I now for a fact that it adds power. I didn't get my quad dynoed before and after, however there are others that did. And they picked up 1 to 3 HP. For the amount that you spend on other items to gain that much power, boring your carb makes sense. What sucks is re-jetting, it takes time.

I know we are talking about a RHino here but it is the same motor that is in Raptors. So it will help.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I had mine done on my quad,,,I now for a fact that it adds power. I didn't get my quad dynoed before and after, however there are others that did. And they picked up 1 to 3 HP. For the amount that you spend on other items to gain that much power, boring your carb makes sense. What sucks is re-jetting, it takes time.

I know we are talking about a RHino here but it is the same motor that is in Raptors. So it will help.

do it once you have exhaust work done

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Anytime you mess with air flow your should look at the exhaust. Carb is the first link to the motor,,then porting,,then exhaust. Better flow better power.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
So if I'm not planning on doing any exhaust mods anytime soon...I really don't need it?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
NOPE. Only if you are planning on doing everything that deals with air flow.. cam, porting, valves and spring, full exhaust.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I have the Rhinocraft one and have noticed a difference.....Not a HUGE difference, but a difference none the less.......Id do it again!

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
I wasn to go the butterfly route and try to bore it myself.

Anyone have a stock carb they removed I can experiment with?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts