Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The creation of UTube has allowed the idiots out there to easily demonstrate to the entire world just how stupid they really are, some of it can be damn funny at times but unfortunately that’s not what I’m about to share. Instead, it is an example of how to shoot 55 million+ motorized recreational enthusiasts in the foot with one shot.

The following video has the negative attention of nearly the entire OHV Community and has become the poster child of a current campaign by Tread Lightly! who are attempting to educate people about the effects that this sort of behavior has on the future of our sport.

Forget the brand involved and the fact that it’s a UTV/SXS for now, but remember the ammunition this sort of $hit gives anti-access groups, the NFS, BLM and others! When your favorite play area finally closes, if it hasn’t already, you have folks like the one in the video below to thank.

This casts a REALLY BAD light on SXS/UTV folks and the entire OHV Community in general. Those among us who have fought for decades to preserve access for all motorized recreationists take personal offense to thoughtless actions like those depicted!!

If anyone knows who these losers are I’d suggest you report them to authorities or at least have a discussion with them personally about their actions before they and other 1% ‘ers like them screw it up even further for everyone!!!

Here’s a whole library of their UTube antics, take note of the “handles” they used to upload the videos, perhaps they will serve to help trigger somebody’s memory!

Google

·
Registered
183 Posts
Come on! I saw this crap over at rv.net. If you think this is bad, you should come ride with me. I run over trees, chase wildlife, pee on mother earth, dook in the woods and will stop at nothing to complete a trail.

They were having fun and getting the kids away from the computer and video games.

Brett

·
Registered
352 Posts
LMAO

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate everybody’s thoughts on this matter!

Folks, using “Tellico” as an example, even with NFS approved legal stream crossings that were used as prescribed, and trails that were set up with NFS approved sedimentation mitigation measures in place, Trout Unlimited (fronted by The Wilderness Society) were able to permanently close the place using sedimentation issues.

Honestly, if you take a hard unemotional unbiased look at the video, it clearly shows well-used ingress and egress points for crossing the creek and someone in the group mentions a good place to camp that would likely indicate this is public land, either NFS or BLM controlled, where camping in unimproved areas is still legal.

I’m not saying it’s right but the EPA can even fine us up to $50,000 per violation for numerous things we might do on our own private property, it is a FACT!

Forewarned is better than looking back at a times spent in a favorite area now closed due to environmentalists influence and intervention!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
hell you might as well turn me in to
i dont see nothing wrong theY were enjoying them selfs and playing in the waTER.
BOATS AND JET SKIS ARE ALOWED IN RIVERS AND LAKES THAT THESE STREAMES FEED SO WHY CASNT WE BRING OUR GREEN STICKERED FOUR STROKES AND PLAY IN A STREAM.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Open your eyes a little wider. This is like handing a grenade to the enemy. The nature loving sierra club donating tree hugging quacks that watch these videos will be blowing up their congressmens phone to ruin this for you, will you call or donate to any organization to save it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
hell you might as well turn me in to
i dont see nothing wrong theY were enjoying them selfs and playing in the waTER.
BOATS AND JET SKIS ARE ALOWED IN RIVERS AND LAKES THAT THESE STREAMES FEED SO WHY CASNT WE BRING OUR GREEN STICKERED FOUR STROKES AND PLAY IN A STREAM.

Simply put, boats and jetskis do not disturb the stream bed and vegetation nearly as much as running an OHV up/down the stream does.

Please cross streams only at designated crossings, and remember that driving up/down the stream away from the designated route could also constitute "off-trail" in the eyes of an LEO, resulting in a ticket for you, and risked rights for everyone.

We all know that it can be fun to play in the water, or mud, or both. There are trails and areas that are managed for that. Please look for those if that's your style. Some of us like rocks. Some of us like sand. Some of us like mud. Just make sure you are playing where allowed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Open your eyes a little wider. This is like handing a grenade to the enemy. The nature loving sierra club donating tree hugging quacks that watch these videos will be blowing up their congressmens phone to ruin this for you, will you call or donate to any organization to save it?
SUWA actually ran a video contest recently to collect videos just like this taken in Moab. If anyone thinks that they were doing that for a fun Sunday post-football youtube party, please turn in your keys... :aargh4:

The fact is that OHV use will always be under a close watch. The best thing we, as a community, can do is to promote responsible use and encourage that within our riding circles. It really is the key to keeping our public areas open to the public (to steal a line from BRC).

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I guess im still stuck in the good old days when we didnt have all these tree huggers ruining every thing for us and it was still legal for us to have some good ol harmless fun.
Didn't mean any disrespect.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess im still stuck in the good old days when we didnt have all these tree huggers ruining every thing for us and it was still legal for us to have some good ol harmless fun.
I'm with you, I started 45 years ago on a Bonaza mini bike and roamed freely doing what a pre-teen will do but times HAVE changed and we have HUGE corporate interests backing the greenies to cover their money grubbing ways to thank!

It really got legs in the late 80s with backing from Rockefeller, Pew and Tides money among many others.

Perhaps this will help, just one small example! Very revealing if you bother to dig a bit.

Expand any box with an "x" in it by double-clicking on it or hitting the "e" key when it has been highlighted by clicking once on it.

Wilderness Society relationship map - Muckety

·
Registered
47 Posts
No worries.

As Lyin King mentioned, times have changed. The numbers are way up on OHV use over the last couple decades, which requires good management and an ethic to be in place in order to not only protect resources, but also to protect our access.

I will point this out... The gentleman who posted the video quotes himself as being a follower of the "Stay The Trail" program, a similar initiative to Tread Lightly! but on a state-specific level. www.staythetrail.org

Here is the graphic they use to show what is expected concerning water crossings:

As I said in my "Why Tread Lightly" thread, this isn't about restriction. Its about us being able to be good active stewards of our outdoor recreation opportunities, and keeping those open for our continued use. And just so we're clear, I (we) have the same expectation for all recreation communities.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts