Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a fram/K &N part number for an oil filter to fit a 2007 660 Rhino. Tried a Wix filter that was supposed to fit a few years ago, it didn’t. The flange on the open end of the filter contacted the engine case before the gasket fully seated keeping it from sealing. Mess and a half!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here's a few I've found by cross referencing on Google: Bosch 3323; Purolator, PL14612/14610; STP S6607. I'm running the STP on mine right now. No leaks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’ll look for sure when I get to my shop in the morning, but I know the 450’s run #204 in K&N (what I have used in mine for years) and tusk brand. It’s either a #204 or a size bigger at #303. Will update.

·
Holiday Winner!
593 Posts
PH6017a is the Fram motorcycle filter number for the Rhino. The PH7317 fits and is a little longer so I expect it has a little more filter media and adds a little oil capacity, I have used both without issue.

KN-204 is the K&N part number. I like that it is set up to drive with a socket, I find it handier than using a filter wrench. Not sure if it is worth the extra money though...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ll look for sure when I get to my shop in the morning, but I know the 450’s run #204 in K&N (what I have used in mine for years) and tusk brand. It’s either a #204 or a size bigger at #303. Will update.
thanks everyone! I was able to get the K&N 204. Choices are pretty limited here in Frostbite Falls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts