Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hi all
Am seeking your advice i want to install Crankshaft do you recommended it?
my rhino has 102 high Pressure Piston with Cam Stage III MSD K&N filter and Trinity Exhaust system my Rhino HP is 40
I want more power
So do you guys recommend me to install Crankshaft?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sounds like you need to have the head ported and add a set of valvesprings and retainers. Bore the t-body and get a new map! There is a ton of power to be built in the Head without splitting the cases...

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like you need to have the head ported and add a set of valvesprings and retainers. Bore the t-body and get a new map! There is a ton of power to be built in the Head without splitting the cases...

Nate
Alba Racing
thanks for this usefull information :fingersx:

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
A crankshaft will not give you more power. You can modify the stock one for more reliability, especially if you add a quality rod to it.

Now, if you put in a crank with a longer stroke, you will increase your displacement, and in turn, your HP. You have a 686cc now, stroking it would bring it up to 720cc.

But personally, I would stick to the reliable 686, and spend your money on head work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A crankshaft will not give you more power. You can modify the stock one for more reliability, especially if you add a quality rod to it.

Now, if you put in a crank with a longer stroke, you will increase your displacement, and in turn, your HP. You have a 686cc now, stroking it would bring it up to 720cc.

But personally, I would stick to the reliable 686, and spend your money on head work.
thanks for the Advice :)

i did porting to the head the bike run will but am facing now over heating
i don't know why i contact
Racers Edge AZ - Tucson, Arizona Motorcycle, ATV, Rhino Services
as they advise it a problem with MSD Fuel Mapping

this video for my Rhino going on Big Dune :)

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
The 4243 MSD will NOT properly fuel a modified 700 Rhino engine, in my opinion. We stack a Power Commander along with the MSD to get the job done currently. Use the PC for fuel tuning and the MSD for ignition only. If we can help in any way, please call or email us.

I wonder how the clutch is setup as well. Do you know what weights and spring it is using?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts