Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed new Lectron Friday afternoon on brand new stroker motor & after we tuned it we were headed out to do the high end adjustment when the end of the throtle cable in the carb came off & sucked in the motor. As you would know we couldn't shut it down quick enough. Thank God it only hit the piston once & hung up in the valve with out causing more serious damage. Thanks to Jason Weller @ Weller Racing he was able to rebuild the motor @ 9:00 P.M. Friday night & have me running by 11:00 P.M. Proceded to Load the toy hauler & head to The Worcs race Saturday morning. After arival in Havasu, pulled out the rhino & on it's way out the peddel side came off. But luck with this product. Once I installed to stock cable with a little magiverness I was able to get this thing working. Once tune the carb work great. But what a pain to that point. So if your going to purchase the Lectron be sure to be sure the ends are soldered properly.:guilty:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Wow, i didnt think that piece could get sucked into the motor?

So really you just got a bad cable!

There's nothing wrong with the way the carb preformed?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Carb works Great. I just wanted every one to watch for the cable issue. It could have been an isolated problem with my cable.But it could have tooken out a new expensive motor.

·
Registered
79 Posts
wow that sucks we are an ACI dealer and sell quite a few of the carb kits and have had no issues like that but thanks for the info we will keep a look out on them before installing them

·
Registered
85 Posts
Im sorry to hear that! You need to be very careful when installing the cable that you adjust it right. If you have the cable adjusted to tight then the slide will bottom out before the pedal does. If that happens then you can still have about 1/2 inch of travel before the pedal bottoms out. If that happens all the pressure your applying to the pedal is trying to rip the ends off the cable which will happen because you can push alot of pressure with your foot and leg.

You need to adjust the cable so the the pedal bottoms out at the same time the slide reaches full throttle so all the pressure doesnt go to the cable ends. That is why we have a huge Warning about this in the instructions included with the kit.

Hope you have it all worked out. The carb will add good HP if tuned right!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts