Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

about to order a carb tonight

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  redrhino64 
#1 ·
what carb to get weller says the hsr 45mm would be the better pick for a motor like mine.. chris says the fcr 41mm what is your guys input thanks

#3 ·
well im pretty sure the cheapest and best aint allways the same??

#4 ·
I said that cause basically, you wont notice any power difference between the 2.

#6 ·
Weller won't steer you wrong, and Chris won't give you bad info on what he feels will work best with his motor. Sounds like a win,win, bet playa bet! HAHAHA!!!!

#8 ·
I just installed a HSR 45 and it woke up my lil 686. I know in the past Chris has installed HSR 45 and 48 carbs on his engines and that actually where I got my throttle cable from. Which ever one you end up going with I am sure you will pick up some addition power over stock.

#9 ·
Yea roo I look at it like they brithday are the best motor builders around and both have good things to way about both and cost vs cost and the power being almost the same if both carbs are tuned right the hsr seemed better for me for about the same cost as a fcr I got a new cdi hsr cable and high flow pump and lines from Weller ether should be better then stock I think

#10 ·
Lee I sent emails to a few customers who I know have both carbs not being used some of them have been sold...others want to keep...at least one wants to sell a hsr-45 with lots of parts and a cable not sure how much he wants maybe one or more of them will contact you...

#11 ·
i have an hsr45,throttle cable,96 97 98 needles,wide assortment of main jets and pilot jets,250 is bottom dollar i will take for all this.let me know if you want it.

#13 · (Edited)
dont have a pay pal set up,will have to be check or money order.im old school!!!! or tech challenged!! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.