Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey maybe someone can point me in the right direction....I got a rhino that I traded my sandrail for...the rhino came with no title...it has old licenes tags on it...he said he bought it new...fought with the bank on this and that...and they would not release it?...he never planed on selling so no big deal...so now its mine...if i wanted a title how would i go about that?...file for a lost one like anything else?...and how do i get the orv tags with no paper work?...I hear oregon stickers are good in washington and good for two years...can wash guys get oregon wons on line?...or have to be in oregon?...some help here would be great thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
Personally no title for me would mean give the vehicle back and get my vehicle back. If he couldn't get the title then the bank, or some other company has a lien on the vehicle. I would call the guy and tell him to give you back your vehicle and come get his until he can furnish a clear title to the vehicle.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not interested in tradeing back....deal went down 4 m ago...,,,seems like no,lost title is comon with dirt bikes,quads and such...but you can still licence them...just not sure how?

·
Registered
71 Posts
heres the deal on the oregon orv tags u can use them but there is a chance if a ranger/enforecment wanted to ticket u they could and it will be about $100.oo i never pay wa orv outrageous prices on tabs every year i have for over ten years ran oregon tags been questioned one time they checked the vins i had nothing to worry about , my 2 cents is run into oregon grab some orv tags but double triple check the vin is clear on the rhino any questions shoot me a message :banana:

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
x

sounds to me that he fought with the bank means they have a repo-order out on it or they have an outstanding loan on it, its not that he lost the title,its that he never paid for the rhino and the bank still ownes it, you might have got the shaft on that one, I would have the dmv run the vin,that will tell you who ownes it before you do a darn thing....

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh...cam I'll run that # and have the city i work for have a guy run the vin....I bought 2 honda scooters before that were basket cases...restored them too new (no title) took to state patrol for inspection...and they keeped my red one...said it was reported stolen 20 years ago...and the peaple got it back like new...i called them and they sold it to me for 400 i had 350 into it...so now i'm in whats its worth...so yeh i need to call that # in right away...yeh every one runs oregon tags cuz they are cheeper and last two years and good in wash too...its 400 mi there can you get them by mail?

·
Banned
401 Posts
Should you not of checked all this before you traded for it?

·
Registered
252 Posts
If I were trading something like that, that has a title I sure would have asked to see the title before trading. No title, no trade, regardless of who was telling the story. That's like buying a brand new car and the dealer telling you sorry we ran out of engines, you'll have to go find one in a junk yard.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
If you get Oregon off road stickers they only need the vin number. they may report the vin number to interested parties (police and title holders, lending institutions ect ).

If want to be absolutely sure you won't get blindsided, then file a lien.

Here in Oregon there was a company (Oregon lien) I used to deal with on abandoned customers cars. That's been quite a while so who knows if they are around anymore.
I would recommend checking with a towing company that does police impound work they probably are on a first name basis with these Title lien folks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts