Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just started tunning my new motor and i want to give thanx to some of the people that hooked me up, first Cameron at redline racing for giving me a screaming deal on all my parts, and james at jbs for a kick ass sheave. and all the guys on here for answering all my questions. i did a 734 bore, re +2 head, x 4 cam, bored throttle body, msd fuel and ignition box, power commander 3, and a jbs sheave, od weights and gold spring. i never thought a rhino could go so good. thanx guys

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it rips out of the hole, then around 45 or so it feels like it shifts into 2nd gear and starts to pull , gain, i hit about 60 wit 3 of my 3 kids in it, i bet it will hit 68 to 70. still got alot of tunning to do

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea lt kit, 4 seater, 26 in tires, it rips, i ran out of room at 60 and still had more in it to go

·
Administrator
2,254 Posts
yea lt kit, 4 seater, 26 in tires, it rips, i ran out of room at 60 and still had more in it to go
Looking forward to doing a holeshot race with ya.....my stock engine with exaust does Ok against most Rhinos....except Cameron's Rhino makes mine look like a 250CC machine! ..LOL!

sent by TapaTalk ...please excuse brevity

·
Registered
674 Posts
if you dont mind me asking what about do you have in this setup as far as price wise? If you dont want to post, PM me

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its camerons old set up that im running, he hooked me up. im into the head, cyclinder, piston, gaskets, cam, and throttle body for 1200 from cam at redline, then 257 for the sheave , spring, and rollers from jbs, then i paid 240 for my msd from a buddy up here. i was so happy once i started dumping the fuel to this thing.

·
Administrator
2,254 Posts
its camerons old set up that im running, he hooked me up. im into the head, cyclinder, piston, gaskets, cam, and throttle body for 1200 from cam at redline, then 257 for the sheave , spring, and rollers from jbs, then i paid 240 for my msd from a buddy up here. i was so happy once i started dumping the fuel to this thing.
I'm prepared to wave at your taillights!....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Im assuming that$1200 doesnt include muzzy's? Also has anyone ever measured torque at the wheels on a setup like this? I know horsepower gets you speed but i want torque to pull big tires in thick mud. I was wondering how this setup compares to a stock rotax torque wise?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i just got off the phone with cam, he said that his motor wiyh this top end made 58 hp and 39 pounds of tourque, it is very impressive.

·
Registered
815 Posts
awesome,that x4 pulls good don't it,and the jbs sheave gets it done down low and all the way thru!!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
i just got off the phone with cam, he said that his motor wiyh this top end made 58 hp and 39 pounds of tourque, it is very impressive.
Thats impressive .....how has the reliability been on this setup and any cooling issues? And that power Cam made was that with the factory wet clutch?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes the x4 pulls hard, i dont think there will be any overheating issues, it seems to be just fine, i need to put some more fuel to it, my wide band should be here today then i can get it perfect.

·
Registered
190 Posts
what would it cost to have a stock motor built like this? Pm me if you like

I'm in a bit of a pickle, I don't know whether to sell my rhino and buy something else or build the motor or do a rotax swap. The rotax swap looks like a little bigger project than I would want to tackle myself but I don't know of a shop near me that could do it. I live two hours north of Seattle, in Canada

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
im about 30 miles south of seattle, if you want to come by and drive it you can, i got a smokin deal on this set up from cam, aka redline racing, i know he has all the same parts that i did in stock, give him a call and tell him marty sent you, you will be extremelly happy with the power, 541-367-2453 is cam, 253-278-4690 is me if you want to call.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts