Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 700 Rhino. I just did the top end with new piston, rings and cylinder. Did the valves, put in a new fuel pump. The problem is when its idling it just stalls. not sure of the problem. Have a question on timing as the cranks rotates twice to once on the cam, Will it run if the crank is one turn out?

thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
The IAC or idle air valve are notorious for not functioning properly. I would take it off and check for any carbon buildup and clean as necessary. Sometimes that is not enough and a new one is required.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
493 Posts
SO you are saying by default that it runs OK when mid RPMs ? Take off IAC and fill ports with carb cleaner and shake, pour out and repeat 3 or 4 times. Make sure electrical connections are good and the grounds are in tact. Make sure electrical grounding is good.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Does it run good other than when it's idling? Did it idle prior to the work being done? Have you checked the compression since the work was done? Ensure compression is where it needs to be. Then ensure you don't have air leaks.

The IAC can be tested with a multi-meter. Other than that, you can take it off, clean it and the inside of the housing, and put back together. You can listen/feel to ensure it's activating when the key is turned on or off. If it worked fine prior to the recent engine work, then I'd personally skip this rabbit hole.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts