Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recieved a Cometic head gasket for a 700.The package says for a 103mm-Does that sound right for a standard bore?Next question(As you can tell I have not replaced one of these before)The coolant holes have slots on one side,but the other sides have big pin holes?Does that sound right?Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nate-Also It looks like the dowel pin holes dont completely line up?Wadda about that?(And yes,it is flipped the right way!)Also I tried to order these gaskets off your site,but it would not "add to cart"-Tried to ask some questions also,seemed like your website was having problems-Just so you know.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Not sure on the dowels. Are they majorly off or just a hair? I forgot to answer the question about the holes...They have smaller holes on one side of the gasket to slow the flow of coolant. More time in the cylinder jackets will help transfer more heat over that time to the coolant. I will have someone check out the website. Thanks for the heads up.

Nate

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All holes line up correct except both dowel holes are off to the outside of the cylinder about 1/4 "-I guess I can drill out the dowel holes on the gasket(This kit fits a Raptor 700(according to the supplier-Rhino 700 also)Any Ideas?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nate,By chance is the cometic kit you sell for the 700 is C3142-EST?

·
Registered
581 Posts
6 in stock. Not sure which add you are looking at, but just let me know and I will get it shipped out for you tomorrow.

Nate

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The rhino 700 top end cometic kits-Are they cometic part # C3142-EST(On the back of the package)

·
Registered
581 Posts
I sell both C3142 and C3412-EST, I have 6 C3142-EST kits in stock. I just wasn't sure if you saw an add on our site or not. Sorry for the confusion.

Nate

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the help on this gasket stuff-Thats what I have is the 3142-est & It looks like I will have to open the dowel holes a bit-Just didnt want to do it untill I was sure I had the right part!BTW Love the full Alba 700 exhaust I bought from you & the other UTV "Peeps" are way impressed!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts