Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen that peeps are using them so i assume the only difference is that the belt is stronger....size and width is the size, Anyone with problems once they switched to the 700 belt ? I will be using the O.E.M belt not trying to go cheap just looking to prevent by belt from blowing into pieces like it did this wkend...

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
You can't go wrong with a factory Yamaha 700 Kevlar belt on your 660...

They cost a lot more than a factory Yamaha 660 belt which is a good belt and better than the cheaper versions of that belt but not as good as the 700 belt...

Size is the same...

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks..... i would rather spend the extra money now than have to worry about blowing my belt again. Cant lie i was a little worried that it was my motor when the belt let loose, i blew into a hole bunch of pieces and was about a yr old with 4 to 500 miles

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Trust me I know that feeling...

Been there twice...

Wish like hell it had been the belt... :lol:

First time was stock motor...bone stock rhino...trucking along at 38 mph...rod snapped in half...grenaded and caught on fire...

Second time was a fully built 686 going 65 mph on the freeway... motor seized and locked up so hard it snapped a chromalloy axle like a twig... :eek2:

NOT a good feeling at ALL...!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I blame your belt issue on the power and lead foot you have. Hope your back up soon. Need to do some more riding.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL Got burnt out on the hole rhino scene / forums....seemed to be the same chit all the time. I would come and go but caught most of the pics and things on Fb you hitting glamis for new yrs?

ooh **** your alive vato where you been???

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Baahahaha right....going to order my 7hundo belt this wk and then figure i will clean thw sheave and regrease it for Glamis on new yrs.!

QUOTE=drtthumper;578599]I blame your belt issue on the power and lead foot you have. Hope your back up soon. Need to do some more riding.[/QUOTE]

·
Banned
833 Posts
Baahahaha right....going to order my 7hundo belt this wk and then figure i will clean thw sheave and regrease it for Glamis on new yrs.!

QUOTE=drtthumper;578599]I blame your belt issue on the power and lead foot you have. Hope your back up soon. Need to do some more riding.
[/QUOTE]

We have then in stock ... $110 shipped.:bike4:

·
Registered
8 Posts
does anyone know the SIZE of the belt on a rhino 700?? I have like a dozen belts laying around and am wondering if I have a match without removing the one I have on the rhino. ty

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
does anyone know the SIZE of the belt on a rhino 700?? I have like a dozen belts laying around and am wondering if I have a match without removing the one I have on the rhino. ty
Gates belt is 1 1/4" x 37 1/8". But don't use a regular Gates "G" force I blew two in 75 miles. You need the Gates "G" force carbon fiber belt or the severe duty EPI belt.

·
Banned
322 Posts
I wouldn't use anything but the Yamaha 700 or 660 belts

·
Vendor
3,516 Posts
Gates belt is 1 1/4" x 37 1/8". But don't use a regular Gates "G" force I blew two in 75 miles. You need the Gates "G" force carbon fiber belt or the severe duty EPI belt.
We sell the Gates C12 and after 1050 sold, not one has failed due to itself.

Presently we use the 660 belt on the 700 in the carbon fiber with no issues. At our request they are making the 700 belt in carbon soon.

Todd

1 - 15 of 15 Posts