Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the 686 big bore kit is a " plug & play" type of application, so to speak. Can someone like myself who has little mechanical skills bolt this kit one or does it require a mechanic to do it? or any special tools?
Any advise or info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Dude, I have had bad experiences with testing my skills on things like this, and have ended spending more in the end learning the hard way that this should be done by a well reputable shop for the sake of somewhat of a warranty, and I do recomend that you invest in the PWR coolers if you're going big bore, cuz you will run hotter once you get comfy with hauling ass, and it will catch up to you and bite you in the ass when you least expect it. Put a temp gauge in there at least!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guy's this is good to know. I have done all most all the slap on upgrads I can do thus far without getting into the motor. I didn't realize the involvement it takes. I'm sure theres a hand full of goodies that need to be installed with the big bore kit as southbayrhino indicated.
I'll do my home work for sure befor adding 686 big bore kit.
But keep the advise coming I would like to know what i'm getting myself into befor comitting to this.
Or maybe i'll just add the sheave and clutch kit and call it good.

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
I wouldn't do it at all. if you actually get one that puts out decent power you will be having head gaskets replaced.

·
Registered
297 Posts
i am too scared to do it, after the horror stories i have heard about the big bore kits. Leave it to someone you can blame if it blows up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts