Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has someone bought and used the 686 big bore kit on ebay? It sells for 329.99 and come with piston, cylinder,wrist pin & circlips,head and base gasket and that price includes shipping? I think the company that sells the kit is oemproducts? Thanks

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Has someone bought and used the 686 big bore kit on ebay? It sells for 329.99 and come with piston, cylinder,wrist pin & circlips,head and base gasket and that price includes shipping? I think the company that sells the kit is oemproducts? Thanks
can you post the link??

·
Registered
581 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Right on, that looks like a great deal... How hard is it to install this kit? How many hours? Nate, from your avitar, you look like the Rhino that races the Score Baja each year.. That you?

·
Registered
581 Posts
It's about 4-6 hrs for a competent mechanic to change a top end. That is Tom Graves' Rhino. We build his motor here at Alba and yup he hasnt missed a race in a while... His 686 is 3 years running.

Nate

·
Registered
673 Posts
Right on Nate! I've seen that Rhino 3 years in a row racing the baja 500... It sure isn't pretty lookin but looks tough as hell! haha

What do you estimate the HP gain using the big bore kit? Also, are there any other upgrades you recommend with this kit? I have a muzzy dual exhaust, CDI box and K&N

·
Registered
581 Posts
You are damn right there! I would hate to see how heavy that Rhino is overall, must be close to a ton.

The big bore by itself is worth a few horsepower, but numbers go way up with a good port, cam, and springs. With a MSD and proper jetting 42-45 rwhp is the average.

·
Registered
362 Posts
is the kit easy to install or do i have to have an experianced mechanic put it in? also how much speed, top/bottom end does it add

·
Registered
581 Posts
It is always recommended that you have your motor worked on by an experienced mechanic. On average it is a 4-6 hour job. You will gain a ton of acceleration with the clutch set up correctly but top end speed will not be gained unless you add rpm.

Nate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts