Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new member here and am glad to be a part of this forum, I recently seized the engine on my 06 660 from running it out of oil due to a broken oil line, stupidly I didn’t catch it in time. Anyway I haven’t actually pulled the engine to asses what parts have actually failed but figured I would reach out and get some opinions on whether to start sourcing a used or remanufactured engine to swap or to pull and rebuild/replace the broken parts. Any input, suggestions or sources are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2005 660
64 Posts
You can find rebuilt engines, link to one source below. Not exactly cheap but you won't know how much damage is done to the engine you have until full disassembly. Chances are you're gonna need most everything... crank, bearings, cylider, piston, all the major components and then some I'm sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can find rebuilt engines, link to one source below. Not exactly cheap but you won't know how much damage is done to the engine you have until full disassembly. Chances are you're gonna need most everything... crank, bearings, cylider, piston, all the major components and then some I'm sure.

Okay great thanks yeah I’m at work for a month and plan on pulling it when I get home and dig into it and will hopefully find more about what failed just thought while I’m at work I could put some feelers out there as I’ve never sourced a new engine before, I will look into that site, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts