Premium Member
3,141 Posts
A machined sheave with a cdi will do it, but that 500 wont get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you explain how the sheave kit works? From what I understand it will give you better low end torque and throttle response similar to putting lower gears in the axles of a Jeep or truck. But I have also read it gives you better top end speed too, how is that possible if it is gearing it lower in the bottom end? I can hit about 51 MPH now and really don't need to go faster than that but I do want better low end torque since I am getting bigger tires.

·
Premium Member
3,141 Posts
Im sure todd from hunter works will see this and respond. Or just google it or search youtube

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
X2 for a hunterworks. Call Todd he’ll explain how it works and why it’s a great improvement

·
Holiday Winner!
514 Posts
I know this thread is old and OP has likely gotten the answer, but i will take a shot at answering. The machine sheave allows more travel in the pulleys allowing the belt to travel lower in the primary at the bottom end and higher at the top end, so starting out from a stop your "gear" ratio is lower but as you speed up the belt can travel higher giving you a higher ratio at the top end. Further by adjusting the weight of the sliders and/or the tension of the secondary spring you can adjust the rate at which it will shift out allowing better performance throughout the entire range. In this case the OP reports 51mph, which likely means that they already have the CDI. The machine sheave is a great mod because it really does not have a downside (except the the cost, but if your old parts are worn already it is not that bad, and you may get better longevity out of your clutch, slider weights etc. ).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That's a good explanation, I am still looking to do some upgrades but I have been out on the bass boat fishing more than I have been riding recently.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can someone tell if this 2006 660 Sheave is stock or a aftermarket performance Sheave? To me after looking at stock oem photos, they appeard to have a line maybe flat spot towdw wide bottom portion? And this one seems to have a well defined flat spot on top?
and this one is shiny compared to dull rough look to used oem Sheaves?
Thanks for any info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts