Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 07 660 is in need of a rebuild. Plan to go through it top to bottom. It's all original internals. I have an hsr carb, intake, and exhaust as well as clutch work done. Since it needs gone through I plan to add some power. Was thinking big bore kit and a cam but does anyone have recommendations. It's mostly used for trail riding in the woods but would like some more power over stock

·
Registered
625 Posts
Few ideas- for pump gas-since cases are gold these days- install a billet middle drive, put a 4 mill stroker crank-will wake it up …10 -1 forged piston of choice,bore to 100.5 or 102 service the head with new high quality springs/valves seals etc with a stock cam. Factory timing chain etc-will make good torque …if you want to rev it then set the head up with dual springs, better valves and pick a HP cam….replace the cdi with a Dana FS programmed cdi set it on #3 have the crank pin welded and stud the top end always a good idea…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HighDezRhino

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Few ideas- for pump gas-since cases are gold these days- install a billet middle drive, put a 4 mill stroker crank-will wake it up …10 -1 forged piston of choice,bore to 100.5 or 102 service the head with new high quality springs/valves seals etc with a stock cam. Factory timing chain etc-will make good torque …if you want to rev it then set the head up with dual springs, better valves and pick a HP cam….replace the cdi with a Dana FS programmed cdi set it on #3 have the crank pin welded and stud the top end always a good idea…

I love the torque but would prefer to get some rpm out of it so probably cam. How much power is a stroker going to gain usually

·
Registered
625 Posts
Torque is everything with a small engine pushing weight ,….1/4 stroke will bump your displacement over 700 plus, compression just adds to it.Using single spring cam is so so but if you want to rev it pic a cam/ dual spring combo is better way to go-might need to bump up to 11:1 but the extra stroke will add to the psi ratio numbers-if set up at deck height. 14 or 13 rollers and purple or orange spring will rev it either way-lots combos to choose from…best of luck with your build!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Torque is everything with a small engine pushing weight ,….1/4 stroke will bump your displacement over 700 plus, compression just adds to it.Using single spring cam is so so but if you want to rev it pic a cam/ dual spring combo is better way to go-might need to bump up to 11:1 but the extra stroke will add to the psi ratio numbers-if set up at deck height. 14 or 13 rollers and purple or orange spring will rev it either way-lots combos to choose from…best of luck with your build!!!!

Thanks. I'm looking at either stage 2 or 3 cam with springs. I don't want to go to high on compression so I can run pump gas still. Going to be a summer project just want to know exactly what I'm going to buy

·
Premium Member
2006 rhino 660
9 Posts
Awesome keep me updated. I'm curious how much of a difference it makes
well finally got this thing up and running and with in the first 5 miles blew a head gasket. tore it down and the jug was not right. it was about 8 thousands lower then the deck. AZQuad where the kit came from was awesome. sent out a new cylinder and gasket set immediately. go it all back together and was having some issues getting it to run perfect with the big bore stroker kit. got the jetting and needle finally set right and she is great now. way better then it was stock. really liking it so far. cant say enough about the customerr service from AZQuad. i have never dealt with them before til now and will for sure buy from them from here on out! .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts