Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,228 Posts
There are some definite differences...

However...it is a good thing to do IMO...

Lots of people have bought grizzlies to can the motors from for rhinos with grenaded motors...

I think one thing that is different is the middle gear...not sure...and you can always get a rhino gear for it you want...

I think AZCourt actually put a grizzly middle gear in a 693 he just sold to The One ... it was intended for desert racing and I believe the grizzly has taller gearing internally...which is not all bad in a rhino imo...and you can compensate that with a machined sheave to lower the gearing from a stop...

I could be mistake about the gearing but I do know it is a cheap way to go...

No reason NOT to do it...

There are built motors for sale too...

The one thing you don't want to do is wait until you have a grenaded motor to work with...if you do it the way you are talking about then you can sell your motor or better yet have a spare...you cannot have too many 660s laying around when you own a rhino...lol...

· Registered
3,228 Posts
I would built a crank up benchmark 693 with ported head and +1 valves if it were me...

Come to think of it...

Chris advertised one brand new for sale the other day...not completed so you can order it the way you want...

You might check that out...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.