Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

660 Air Filter Update Mod

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  shuey79 
#1 ·
this is another mod that i just finished ,, i wanted to upgrade the air filter to a K&N filter so i went on Ebay
one listed for $107.00 and a stock replacement K&N was 67.00 so i would just do my own air filter mod
so i found this one that i thought would do the job for 17.99

so what i used to make it happen was a exhaust fitting a 2.5 to 3" i bought it at Oreilly Auto parts for $3.56 so for $21.55 I up graded the air filter . I used a 4 inch cut off wheel to cut the adapter , i had 5/8 inch on both sides and it works great , you have two options you can run the filter with out the air box if you choose , or inside the factory air box , on the air box you do have to trim the tabs inside about 1/2 for clearance, the filter fits in the air box and bolts up nice and tight ..

Jake

Tall Blue 3 Inch 3" 76mm Cold Air Intake Cone Filter Universal Fit Fitment | eBay

See less See more
#2 ·
The mod is good but from experience i personally would never run k&n on an offroad machine dont get me wrong i run k&n’s on my harleys. But for my jeep,& rhino its afe all the way, if u do run that k&n at least look at a water sock for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk