Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2006 660 Rhino I ran into a problem where I could no longer start in gear and my 4x4 indicator would not show on the display after pushing the 4x4 button. The front diff servo sounded like it was actuating but yet I still was not getting indication on the display. After much research online and reading many forums, I almost pulled out the 4x4 servo which looked to be kind of a pain. Then, after doing some more research I discovered I had a fuse that was blowing. It was titled "signaling system fuse". So I refrained from pulling out the servo. Around this same time I also noticed when I hit my brake pedal, my tail lights would go out. Normally they would go brighter. As I was pressing the pedal then all lights (tail and head) went out. Checked the fuse and sure enough now the headlight fuse was blown. So I figured I must have an electrical problem somewheres. Then it dawned on me, my son took the rhino out for a good ride a few weeks back...with the park brake set the whole time! This actually caused a small fire back by the rear brake due to a build up of weeds and debris that had accumulated over time. After a quick look I discovered the wiring harness feeding the tail lights was fried! So, I cut out bad section of wiring and rewired and what do ya know! It fixed all my electrical problems! 4x4 indication came to the dash when engaging the 4x4, starting while in gear began to work again and my brake lights came on when I hit the brake pedal! No more blow fuses! Who would have thunk wiring feesing the tail lights could affect so much! Anyways just thought I'd share my experience it hopes to benefit others!

·
Super Moderator
3,128 Posts
A fire because of a build up of weeds around the rear brakes.....Thats the first time I've heard of that...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts