Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched on here bit didn't find anything that helped.. Hoping someone has an idea....
This weekend I was out riding and used 4x4 low lock to get out of a hole, then later on I needed to use it again and the part of the switch that moces over to reveal the yellow low lock button would not move... I thought I was going to break it off trying to move it over. Has anyone else had this issue ? Is it anything fixable or just need a new switch? or is there another weird override safety thing or something causing it to stay to the left and not let me put it in low lock ?
Any thoughts are appreciated.... BTW it is a 2007 660.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Ya, mine does that too once in a while. It must get crud in there. Just spray it and work it back and forth a little. It'll come loose.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DO you spray it with electrical cleaner ? Or WD-40, etc ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else ever have these issues or the switch actually getting stuck where it never works again?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've had trouble with it getting stuck but I've always been able to eventually force it over. I'll try cleaning it as suggested and see if that helps.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WHen you guys have had the issue are you trying to move it to the point that it seems like the darn thing is going to break right off ? Just curious.... Finding it odd that it can get stuck that bad... Also, when spraying it out or whatnot, is it leaving the connections on it or disconnect the wiring and do it? I would guess it's fine staying connected but just want to make sure.

Thanks again and I am glad I am finding others have had the same issue.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll have to give the WD-40 a whirl.

·
Registered
71 Posts
WHen you guys have had the issue are you trying to move it to the point that it seems like the darn thing is going to break right off ? Just curious.... Finding it odd that it can get stuck that bad... Also, when spraying it out or whatnot, is it leaving the connections on it or disconnect the wiring and do it? I would guess it's fine staying connected but just want to make sure.

Thanks again and I am glad I am finding others have had the same issue.
Yes, a couple of times I was SURE that I was going to snap it off (which, I guess, would have solved the problem!). I haven't tried spraying anything on it yet but it will be getting a dose of WD-40 when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
389 Posts
This is nothing new and has been gone over before! once again it is just stuck. You have a couple of choices.The first is to clean it out (most people find wd-40 works fine.) you can take it apart and clean it better,but watch for the flying spring and detent ball as you take it apart.The other choice is to take it off and leave it off. It is just a safety reminder. It doesn't even need to be there to make the system work.It just makes sure you are in 4-wd before you try to lock the dif. lock. The four wheel button moves a rack in the front diff. to engage the front end and when you push the diff lock button it moves the rack over some more to engage the front locker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts