Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went for a pretty hard ride last weekend up in the Bradshaws near Crown King. Took 89a (awsome FR through Turkey creek out to Senator Hwy).

Anyway, while we were still at lower altitude I over heated (another post on that). We found that the fan wasn't kicking on when it was supposed to. So we bypassed the fan (6 miles from no-where) and went along are way.

We got to a creek werer we needed to do a little rock crawling. I put it into 4 wheel lock. The light flashes but never engages. I don't hear the servo activating.

Here is the kicker. When I take it out of 4wd into 2wd, my 4wd idicator stays on.

I'm going to jack it up tonight to see if it is just the indicator or whether I'm in 4wd now.

I pulled the 3 relays for 4wd and check all of them. They all seem to work as defined by the service manual and I can hear all of them click and they have the correct continuity.

My switch was stuck -- so maybe I'll take that appart. Bu I don't understand how when I turn off 4wd and the relay goes to open (the way it's supposed to) the indicator is still on.

Suggestions on where to go next would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I've got it narrowed down. Last two things to check on the service manual. The gear motor in the front differential and the CDI.

Since I have my stock CDI -- I'll give that a try first as it will be easier than pulling the gear motor.

I might be interested in a take-off gear motor from someone that's done an engine swap to 2wd. Anyone interested?

·
Banned
6,189 Posts
let us know

1 - 3 of 3 Posts