Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 450 rhino wont start not fuel. Won't start with starter fluid. Any suggestions? GP

·
Registered
422 Posts
Takes air, fuel and ignition - probably no lack of air and you've already tried starter fluid so maybe an ignition issue? Pull the plug, re-attach coil wire, lay plug against ground (like cylinder head) crank engine over and check for spark. Oh, if it catches fire, the spark was ok (LOL).. So make sure there's no raw fuel in the vicinity of the plug when you're testing for spark.

If no spark then you got to dig a little deeper (bad coil wire or coil or stator..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't be firing or it would have run on starting fluid. I was hoping someone could tell me about what to check for ignition or no spark. Thanks
GP

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this with my 660 about a year ago. I replaced the coil, no luck, then Stator, again no luck. Pulled the CDI box out and noticed a bubble in the middle edge of it. Really couldn't tell if it was designed like that or not. Having a couple of buddies there all of us having a few adult beverages we decided to dissect the box to look inside with a hammer. Turns out there was a burned diode. Ordered a new CDI box because now I had too either way and she fired right up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts