Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go the 450 machined sheave and 14gr OD weights from hot rod.....I already had OD weights in my 450 (16gr) While it gave me the top end i wanted it lost ALL low end and struggled on big long hill badly!!

Well installed the sheave and lighter OD weights wed....And WOW what a difference....It has more low end with big tires now than it did with factory sheave and tires!!! In low it is like a Granny gear and can just crawl along!!! The 14gr seems like just the right amount of weight for the 450 (stock weighs 14.5gr).

The top end stayed the same (40mph pretty loaded) but the bottom end is 25% better than stock....I truely have the best of both worlds now!! It will actually spin the 26" xtr's now and I can hang with any rig on trail type riding!!!

This is HANDS down the BEST investment you can make for the 450 rhino!!

Thanks to james for the sheave!!

GF

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
I go the 450 machined sheave and 14gr OD weights from hot rod.....I already had OD weights in my 450 (16gr) While it gave me the top end i wanted it lost ALL low end and struggled on big long hill badly!!

Well installed the sheave and lighter OD weights wed....And WOW what a difference....It has more low end with big tires now than it did with factory sheave and tires!!! In low it is like a Granny gear and can just crawl along!!! The 14gr seems like just the right amount of weight for the 450 (stock weighs 14.5gr).

The top end stayed the same (40mph pretty loaded) but the bottom end is 25% better than stock....I truely have the best of both worlds now!! It will actually spin the 26" xtr's now and I can hang with any rig on trail type riding!!!

This is HANDS down the BEST investment you can make for the 450 rhino!!

Thanks to james for the sheave!!

GF

congrats!!

and the bolded area is what makes this sheave the best! Best of bold worlds!

its like being able to shift from hi to lowon the fly, but you dont have to :banana:

·
Banned
833 Posts
We ride with a couple 450's in the woods ... but you can't tell they are 450's with the sheave. LOL It's just what they needed. Glad you are happy, hollar if you need anything!!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey James how come the sheave for the 450 is not listed on the RUTTING RHINO web site.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Hey John...

You are asking the wrong person about what is or isn't on my our website...

James is not responsible for our website... I am... :)

And the reason is I am way behind on my work load...

But I will put it up...just for you... :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
WHOA......Excuse me for asking. I thought you guys were one in the same..BUT there i go thinking again...."MY BAD" I heard somebody bragging about how great it was and checked the website and didnt see it listed Sorry......... SORRY your so busy thats a good thing right ??

·
Banned
833 Posts
WHOA......Excuse me for asking. I thought you guys were one in the same..BUT there i go thinking again...."MY BAD" I heard somebody bragging about how great it was and checked the website and didnt see it listed Sorry......... SORRY your so busy thats a good thing right ??
Sorry about that xHotrodx ... Rutting offers my sheave as a dealer but we are different businesses. We're working on getting a website soon. Gimme a hollar if you need something ... I'm on the clock today. LOL 304-877-3419 or 304-673-2602

·
Registered
453 Posts
So I got 27" swamplites. I want to gain the low end but at least maintain the top speed I have now. Sounds like I need to go with 14 OD weights also? What about spring suggestions?

·
Registered
453 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts