Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so as i research and find a way to purchase my first rhino i'm wondering what you guys think of the different power offerings. i'm leaning toward the "get the biggest you can get" mentality.... but should i just discard the notion of getting a 450? anyone here have a 450 and wish they upgraded to a 660? i know a few people who think a new quad user should never get the most powerful engine available. . . but in the case of a rhino is it different?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Get the 660!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
going once, going twice, . . . . . . SOLD

thanks guys - i figured as much

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
660 unless you can buy a 450 at a cheap price then put a bigger motor in.

Plus a 660 tops out at 42 or so stock. Once you feel able to handle that, it will empty your bank account. By then the Rhino Virus will hit you and its "I want long travel, cdi, motor work, lights, seats, ect..."

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
zerofield said:
660 unless you can buy a 450 at a cheap price then put a bigger motor in.

Plus a 660 tops out at 42 or so stock. Once you feel able to handle that, it will empty your bank account. By then the Rhino Virus will hit you and its "I want long travel, cdi, motor work, lights, seats, ect..."
That would have to be one great deal! Stick with the 660, it will be your best choice. Everyone that I heard of that has bought the 450 has regrets. Not worth saving a couple thousand. If your gonna make a purchase this big, do it right the first time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts