Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
View attachment 27982
I have a 2008 SE 700 with a 4-seater cage, and I usually ride with rear passengers (300 lbs) I do feel it bottoming out with my stock Reservoir shocks. I am seriously considering the Progressive 425's for the rear only, but I feel like I am giving up some performance by getting rid of the reservoir shocks. Also, I've read up on some HD Springs, but I cannot find anything for the SE Reservoir shocks.

Any Suggestions or comments??

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Had the same problem and ended up going with a set of fox shocks all the way around.
Started with 400lb springs on the rear but found those were too soft and switched to 450lb springs. These are definitely better but I still think could be a little stiffer.
Still plenty soft on the rear with the 450's.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you still have your 450lb springs??

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'm running the 450's now

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm just nervous about this kit. I have seen this kit before, but I am worried about running air on my Rhino. I ride mine pretty hard and I am worried about it holding up. Has anybody ran this kit and can testify to the durability?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I may give it a try. I run the Firestone Ride-Rite air bags on my Nissan truck and I am amazed at how well an air system works on it.

I have Progressive 425's all the way around and I am not sure if I have the rear adjusted correctly because it bottoms out with only one person in the rear.

The instructions that come with the shocks say to turn the spring adjusting ring to the right to raise/stiffen the ride. When I do this, it appears the back of the vehicle is pulled closer to the ground. I can only turn the adjusting ring up to the 8th thread. :aargh4:

I'm just nervous about this kit. I have seen this kit before, but I am worried about running air on my Rhino. I ride mine pretty hard and I am worried about it holding up. Has anybody ran this kit and can testify to the durability?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I used to have the Firestone Airbag helper kit on my Silverado and it rode great, but I didn't beat that truck on the trails like I do my Rhino.

I am really interested in getting this kit. I get my bonus check this weekend, so maybe I'll just get it and let ya'll know how it rides!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have 9 of these kits left so no lead time until I run out. I will do free shipping for forum members. As far as the warranty goes, no. The only problem that could arrise would be if you run the air-shocks empty. They Must have a minimum of 20psi while driving.
I run 45 to 60 psi when I have passengers in the back.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shoot me your paypal info, so I can order this next week.

Thanks,Justin

·
Registered
150 Posts
call Clark at NoleenJ6.com he will rebuild and respring your shocks...best ride, seriously.
This would be a great option if you Always carried 2 people or Always carried 4. If you put stiff enough springs to support 4 people it will be too stiff when only 1 or 2 people are in it. Seriously.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mike,

I'll order one, just PM me the PayPal details. Where will I have to drill? I can't fully tilt my bed unless I remove my rear cage.

Thanks,
Gary

I have 9 of these kits left so no lead time until I run out. I will do free shipping for forum members. As far as the warranty goes, no. The only problem that could arrise would be if you run the air-shocks empty. They Must have a minimum of 20psi while driving.
I run 45 to 60 psi when I have passengers in the back.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
is that shipped?

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
You could put stiffer springs on those Progressive shocks but when you only have 1 or 2 people onboard it will buck. Put your factory shocks back on with my kit and sell the Progressives to re-coop the money spent.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts