Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I ran 27" Mudlite XTR's on stock suspension for awhile. They rubbed a little bit on the rear fender, front lower black piece, when jumping. Turning wasn't a problem, front tires were 27-9R-14, rears were 27-11R-14. They worked great in all types of terrain. They took away a bit of acceleration as far as power loss is concerned.
I run this same setup and like it too. When I upgraded to Ishocks that increase travel then you will get some rubbing on the inside wheel well and on the bed latch. If you bottom hard, it can force the bed open. I was able to increase the preload on my shocks and minimize this.

I plan on going to 26" tires next time around. I run 25" in the sand and never bottom.

Out!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have had 27" Mud Lites on my 660 06 Rhino for a year mounted on 12 inch stock wheels and they do not rub- period. EVER. The issue that makes them rub on certain machines is wheel choice. Offset makes a huge difference. I love my mud lites for all kinds of running. They will flat out outperform the Terra Cross in mud and deep snow. They will however suck some power out of your ride in the deep sand. On the trails they work fine as well. If you want 27's run them on the stock 12 inch rims and you will have no issues.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
How are yall not rubbing?

I will take a pic of mine where it rubs with 26" tires.

Must have to do with my shocks allowing more travel.
I think you are correct. I think it is the shocks. My WERS gave me 1.5" more travel. With stock tires (25"), 2+5 wheels and WERS i had rubbing issues. When I hit jumps hard enough the tires would rub the rear fender. I think it is the extra travel from the aftermarket shocks.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Had 14" ITP and 27" mud lites on my 450, little Rhino did not like it pefomance wise. No problem with steering. Mostly did desert and rock crawling and tires did fine, but would rub in extreme up and down angles. Not sure about Terra cross, but hear they don't wear well. You can see the mud lites in my pic.

U say the 27" robbed a pretty good bit of power on 450. In your opinion what do you think about 26" swamplites 9" wide in front stock 10" wide in back would do on 450. All i have is a cdi. Im not worried about top end much and dont do alot of hard riding. Also do you think i would need spacers or anything?

·
Registered
14 Posts
i just ordered a 6 inches lift kit for my rhino 450 and i have the same 25 stock size tires but in mud lite itp in a bedlook itp 12 rims and i just had installed the jet kit and the cdi to it , giving to it a pretty good improvements on performance .
the question is , thinking that now with this lift kit the 25 tires seems to be pretty small to my rhino , i am wondering if going to a 26 tires will commit my little rhino performance too much??? and also will require clutch upgrading??

21 - 26 of 26 Posts