Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was tough getting the key in the ignition and slow to start on a cold morning. i let it run and warm up, seemed fine. Now it will not turn over, has power but does nothing when I turn the key. Was told by another Rhino owner that his did this and he had to replace the ignition/main switch. I replaced main switch and it is still the same. The engine light is on when I try to start....suggestions?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Engine light is usually accompanied by an error code, which you'll need to go into diagnostic mode to determine which code(s) are present. Before throwing parts (and $$) at it, get an electrical tester and test the components you think might be causing the problem......like the relays ;). Below is a video showing how to access diagnostic mode.

RHINO DIAGNOSTIC MODE

·
Registered
157 Posts
Before you do anything, charge and test your battery. Or better yet, get a new one if you don't know the history.

Error 12 - Crankshaft position sensor. No normal signals are received from the crankshaft position sensor.

Try clearing the error code as shown in the video. If it comes back or won't clear.....then try this

Yamaha Code 12 - SOLVED

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Engine light is usually accompanied by an error code, which you'll need to go into diagnostic mode to determine which code(s) are present. Before throwing parts (and $$) at it, get an electrical tester and test the components you think might be causing the problem......like the relays ;). Below is a video showing how to access diagnostic mode.

RHINO DIAGNOSTIC MODE
Error code 46

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before you do anything, charge and test your battery. Or better yet, get a new one if you don't know the history.

Error 12 - Crankshaft position sensor. No normal signals are received from the crankshaft position sensor.

Try clearing the error code as shown in the video. If it comes back or won't clear.....then try this

Yamaha Code 12 - SOLVED
I replaced the battery 2 months ago, battery will power the winch but bike will not start...Error code 46 comes up when I go through the diagnostics

·
Registered
64 Posts
The engine error code was 46
That is a low voltage code if you do a quick google search. Like highdezrhino said check battery voltage at battery and make sure you connections are good and clean. The start tracing voltage to starter solenoid and fuses. I’m not at the computer or I would link the service manual. A search on the forum should help you with a wiring diagram to follow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts