Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am brand new to this site. I am planning on purchasing a rhino this week. The dealer has a new 2011 as well the 2012s in stock. They priced the 2011 $400 cheaper than the 2012. Are there any major differences in the two models? I feel if I buy the 2011 I will take a big hit in depreciation of value, far more than the $400 dollar difference in price. As it will instantly be a year old when I sign the papers! I would like to hear some of the members thoughts on this. Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I don't think there are any real major diffs. in the 2 model yrs. If your going to keep it a long time keep the 400.00 diff. on the 2011 for future upgrades. What size & model Rhino are you looking at?, Congrats & welcome aboard!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I thought I read the CDI/ ECU is different on the "12".you might want to do some research on that if you are wanting engine mods later.If the CDI is different,it might be a while for MSD,ect to come out with a new one.Good Luck

·
Registered
104 Posts
Save the money and use it for upgrades / accessories.

·
Registered
109 Posts
New Rhino 4 seat 950 Vtwin coming Jan????

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
That is the EXACT same vehicle that stirred up all the **** last time...!

Not one LIKE IT... THAT ONE... !

Same vehicle in the same shop...

WOW...that was like FOUR years ago those pics were all over the net and then they ALL got pulled off...

:banana:

Rhinos will rule again someday... :147:

·
Registered
20 Posts
No that's kinda old been floating around on Internet for awhile.I heard a 2 seater but it might be just another rumor

·
Registered
109 Posts
Not to crazy about any 4 seater.

Would be nice if they came out with something that would at least compare to the rival competitors

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info. Looking at the specifications of the 2011 vs. 2012, they are identical. I am leaning toward the 2012. Is $11,400 for the 2012 a decent price? I can get the 2011 for $11,000. Both are the 700 efi models. The reason I am leaning toward the 2012 is that the dealer has had the 2011 sitting out in the weather for the last 6-8 months. It is put up at night, but sits out all day in all conditions. It is starting to show some wear and tear. I know, I pass the dealer everyday on the way to work. The 2012 is still in the crate. For this kind of money for a toy, I want it to look brand new, at least until I get it muddy myself!! Thanks again.

·
Registered
427 Posts
See if you can get it for 11,400 out the door or throw in some extras? any other dealers in your area to compare prices? the 2011 having run in & out every nite for 6-8 mo. started & shut off can't be good on it,, my .02 worth.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is my thinking also. The 2011 started and stopped twice every day, the engine never even being allowed to warm up. Thanks again for the advice.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I thought I read the CDI/ ECU is different on the "12".you might want to do some research on that if you are wanting engine mods later.If the CDI is different,it might be a while for MSD,ect to come out with a new one.Good Luck
Can anyone say more about this? I realize minor revisions/changes happen through the years on a basically unchanged product such as the Rhino. More info would be great.

I'm not hold my breath on the 900-1000cc Rhino, either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts