Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i am in the market for a rhino and want a rhino se i live in phx and all the dealers have is the stock rhinos. is the shocks with resaviors worth the money. or will i not notice a difference. also the ride now dealers(they all blow) have 2 se models for 13000 out the door, i was hoping to pick one up around 11500. no one will work with me....wtf

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
hey guys i am in the market for a rhino and want a rhino se i live in phx and all the dealers have is the stock rhinos. is the shocks with resaviors worth the money. or will i not notice a difference. also the ride now dealers(they all blow) have 2 se models for 13000 out the door, i was hoping to pick one up around 11500. no one will work with me....wtf

I'm not sure what the base models are going for currently, but mine was under 10 G's out the door in 08'. You could buy better quality aftermarket shocks and still be money ahead. But yes, the SE shocks are better then the stock baseline shocks.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
For stock a-arms and two seater rhino the factory sport shocks are great...

I have had two base models, a sport model, and +3 a-arms...have run I-shocks, Elkas, and both factory shocks...

A properly tuned set of sport shocks will allow you to 50 thru whoops you couldn't go 25 thru with base model shocks...

Day and night difference... I like the sport model steering wheel and top too...the wraps on the plastic are a good thing too...way more durable...

However, if you plan on doing a lot to it... like custom cage, four seater, +3 a-arms you are probably money ahead to get a base model...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well they want 10900 out the door for a base model.... decisions to make, use it for hunting and screwing around with friends and family, ill post later on what i get. if you had to do it again what brand woud you guys buy????

·
Banned
833 Posts
i prefer the sport model..its more than shocks..the bumper is stronger..has bed rails.shifterknob and steering wheel is better..better wheels..AND MORE..get the sport

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
There is an 07 sport model with 280 miles on it listed on the Phoenix Creaigslist , I think he was asking 9800, that's a great price for a like new Rhino. It's caberated but will last and last. My 07 has lots of hard miles on it with no issues. There is alos lots of well built Rhinos with long travel in your price range.

·
Registered
427 Posts
i prefer the sport model..its more than shocks..the bumper is stronger..has bed rails.shifterknob and steering wheel is better..better wheels..AND MORE..get the sport
X2, i was in the same boat almost 2 yrs. ago Sport edition or just the 700, well worth the extra $$ IMO, the sport edition also has LED tail & backup lights etc., mine was 10,060 out the door. Let us know what you get & go have some fun!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i pick it up today. super stoked on it, a2011rhino se in armor white, it looks awesone i will need to do a 4 seat cage soon for the kid and like to swap back to factory cage for hunting and being dumb up in crown king. also im planning a ride the back way to ck on dec 21st i think its a wednesday, were meetin at 9am
a lot of people i work with get shift work 12hrs so we get weird days off, thanks everyone for he killer responses. i got it for 12800 out the door with everything

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
For stock a-arms and two seater rhino the factory sport shocks are great...

I have had two base models, a sport model, and +3 a-arms...have run I-shocks, Elkas, and both factory shocks...

A properly tuned set of sport shocks will allow you to 50 thru whoops you couldn't go 25 thru with base model shocks...

Day and night difference... I like the sport model steering wheel and top too...the wraps on the plastic are a good thing too...way more durable...

However, if you plan on doing a lot to it... like custom cage, four seater, +3 a-arms you are probably money ahead to get a base model...
I would have gotten a base model if you are going to 4-seater with custom cage... you will be wanting stiffer shocks now...the top won't do you any good...and you will need aftermarket wheels to get enough stability for a four seater...

The plastics are nice tho... !!!

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Welcome to the forum !

·
Registered
433 Posts
I bought a 2011 SE model and love it!
Mine is all stock save for a JBS sheave, winch, a SSV Works stereo. It's a fun ride. The sport model was definitely worth it for me because I'm staying as a 2 seater and the little extras like LED brake/backup lights and top were icing on the cake. Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:azflag: thanks guys im going to leave mine mostly stock just want to put a winch and some led lights on the front, i had a warn on the front of my prowler and it worked awesome i just dont want to spend the money for another one . is there any other brand winches people prefer how about superwinch i kinda want synthetic rope....????

·
Registered
708 Posts
Welcome!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts