Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had a problem with shocks "Banging" going over bumps, ruts, etc....? Mine has done it since I bought it. I assume I would need to tighten the lock nuts on top of the shock a bit to stop this problem??? These are the gas charged shocks. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I will look at some old posts, I have a set up up sheet some where to get you started in the right direction. Proper setup will make a bigg differense on resi shocks

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
This is how mine was setup before LT. It worked great
I went about 3"s from the center of the bolt to the top of the spring for the preload.
18 clicks out on rear rebound
11 clicks out on front rebound
5 clicks out on rear compression
9 clicks out on front compression
Also no sway bar
Mine was a four seater also.
Just my .02 but it worked great for me

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I went about 3"s from the center of the bolt to the top of the spring for the preload.
Also no sway bar

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
No problem John.... I had trouble finding it for some reason.. I used that setting for 2 years and it worked great

1,651 Posts
what do u mean by 18 clicks? The service manual says from the fully turned in position(a) as a starting point. Am I reading and doing it wrong? If you have the time, further detail would be a big help.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
what do u mean by 18 clicks? The service manual says from the fully turned in position(a) as a starting point. Am I reading and doing it wrong? If you have the time, further detail would be a big help.
Yes from the fulling turned in position then feel the clicks slowly turning them out

1,651 Posts
Also no sway bar

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Also no sway bar
It work great for me as a starting point, adjust to your ride style from their. When adjusting most shocks you should start from minimum and go to max. This way you can feel by the seat of your pants what works and does not. just my two cents worth.

1,651 Posts
thanks, thats exactly what I do but my adjustments are so different than those-I thought I might be missing something or just not have enough knowledge on the shock. I guess its like your adjustments on a TV. LOL

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
thanks, thats exactly what I do but my adjustments are so different than those-I thought I might be missing something or just not have enough knowledge on the shock. I guess its like your adjustments on a TV. LOL
Yea I know what you mean !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts