Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a ride. I got the rhino stuck in some deep water. it shut off not because it got water in the intake??????? Either way after a min it started up with a pump of the fuel pedal. I got out drained the clutch case and when i started to pull away the motor started to backfire spit and sputter. I got it back to the house and think the coolant temp sensor might be bad when i wiggle the wires to it the bike shut off. I have no idea what the hell is going on. I am going to change the plug and have the valves adjusted just to be on the same side.

Please help

Paul white a Canadian soldier with rhino troubles.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I would start with a oil change and filter and then i would pull the clutch off and clean and regrease the weights new plug and so on. Then see how it runs after that to see if anything further is needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rhino 700 problems

The clutch has been changed with a new sheeve and the weights are greaseless and I checked the oil and there is no water in it. The oil still has the new oil look I change it last week.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Make sure the intake tube under the console isnt fuel of water there is some drain tubes on it

·
Registered
674 Posts
Was the water deep enough to get in the fuel tank through the gas cap? I've seen it happen many of times

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
700 rhino

Problem solved........... I recently changed the air box on my rhino there was a small hole it my previous one. When I installed the new one the wire harness slipped down between the air tube and the front drive shaft. The orange coil wire in turn had some of the shielding worn off and was grounding out on the drive shaft. Man I feel really stupid........... I repaired the wire and now it works like new.

Thanks for all the help fellas.

Paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a used 09 rhino 700 fi 4x4, it looked very well taken care of by the second owner. He kept a book with repairs and service records. The battery was bought in 09-18. It will not keep a charge and has to jumped off to even start. Once started it will run fine for about 5 or 10 min. The battery gage starts drastically dropping and it dies. After several times of doing the same thing it will not jump off or start at all. Any ideas or where to check 1st, relay, battery, stator, sensors, ect, ????

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Get batt tested at auto parts store then go to stator if batt is good, have them check cold cranking amps also. Any accories on it, lights, radio,winch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts