Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my wife has a hard time keeping the rubber side down. The first spindle bent where the tie rod connects after a low speed tip over many months ago. I got a new ready-to-go spindle, installed it, and all was ok with the world.
Two weeks ago we were out riding the trails at an established ATV park. The Rhino (driven by a friend at this time) went over a rise in the trail, which then dropped down (it was a dried up mud hole, maybe 2 feet deep). Upon coming out they noticed the steering wheel was off center again. I knew at that point the other side had bent. There was no hard impact, the tires didnt even scrape the side of the hole.. It didnt even spill the drink in the cupholder. I was watching from about 20 feet away and I thought it was a pretty smooth transition.
How common and/or easy is it to bend those spindles? As durable as they are, I never would have thought that little "dip" they went through would have bent it. Another rider in our group who has an older 660 Rhino went through a lot harder and faster and had no issues whatsoever.
Im curious to see if anyone else has had these problems. I am going to drop a wad and get the heavy duty spindles and the heavy duty tie rod ends, even though I dont feel like I should have to.

Thoughts? Ideas? Advice?

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
The stock rhino spindles arent very durable ESPECIALLY when your running wide offset wheels. We build HD spindles if thats something you would be interested in.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much would they run? If they are close to what i'm about to pay for Trinity racing spindles with bearings, id be very interested!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
x2 oem spindles suck butt get the cognito hd spindles and you will never worry about them again!
That is exactly what I have in mind and will do. Cant beat the price for what they come with!

:banana:

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Our hd spindles are $500.00 with bearings and seals installed. and they are $575.00 with new balljoints installed. I am getting ready to leave for Sand sports super show, so I wont be respond to messages until monday.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Our hd spindles are $500.00 with bearings and seals installed. and they are $575.00 with new balljoints installed. I am getting ready to leave for Sand sports super show, so I wont be respond to messages until monday.
Worth every dime!!!!

When my stockers went, installed Cognitos.

Great product, superb customer service!!!

Done deal. C-Ya!!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Worth every dime!!!!

When my stockers went, installed Cognitos.

Great product, superb customer service!!!

Done deal. C-Ya!!

X2 - Install the Cognitos and forget about it - then drive the hell out of it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered them yesterday and I am already happy with it. I just checked my email and they are ready to ship!

Getting the wifeys Rhino fixed up.. Getting my Can Am fixed up.. the next ride is going to ROCK!!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
wanna keep the rhino on all fours ???
long travel !
amazing what it does for stability.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
long travel !
Maybe eventually. ;) Right now its a matter of proper driving.. Baby steps.

Installed the spindles last weekend. I actually got my wife to do it so she can have the satisfaction of being able to say she works on her own ride. I was very proud of her! It took a little over an hour to do both.

As soon as I got them out of the box I knew they would be stout. Together they weighed 14lbs, whereas the stock ones weighed 10 together. I'm thinking that if these ever get damaged, there is going to be more to worry about than bent spindles..

I am very pleased with the quality and design of them! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
long travel !
Maybe eventually. ;) Right now its a matter of proper driving.. Baby steps.

Installed the spindles last weekend. I actually got my wife to do it so she can have the satisfaction of being able to say she works on her own ride. I was very proud of her! It took a little over an hour to do both.

As soon as I got them out of the box I knew they would be stout. Together they weighed 14lbs, whereas the stock ones weighed 10 together. I'm thinking that if these ever get damaged, there is going to be more to worry about than bent spindles..

I am very pleased with the quality and design of them! Thanks!
Awesome!!! If you do ever bend them....you will have ALOT more damage to worry about!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bent my OEM spindles...not even sure how...No jumping and nothing crazy. Ordered and installed the Cognito's on both sides. I think if they break I'm leaving my Rhino in the bush. Only complaint on the Cognitos was the didn't come with tapped holes for the wheel ring.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts