Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Yamaha Rhino 700
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2009 R7 and wanted to know if this model has any known problems or things to keep an eye on.

As of now it seems to run and drive fine, I just didn't know if it had any known problems, as about everything does.

Thanks

·
Registered
723 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Rhino's are pretty solid acquisitions - especially the fuel injected ones. Don't know of any perpetual issues - just do maintenance when required and it should take good care of you. How many hours/miles are on it? Does it appear to be stock? Pictures would be helpful.

Have fun and good luck.

·
Registered
2009 Yamaha Rhino 700
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Far from stock, lots of mods.

Roll cage, King shocks, ITP wheels, spare tire, MSD ignition module, rear bench seat bolted into rear bed... k

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a 2009 R7 and wanted to know if this model has any known problems or things to keep an eye on.

As of now it seems to run and drive fine, I just didn't know if it had any known problems, as about everything does.

Thanks
i got my 09 a year or so ago. The guy had added lights and a stereo. Aparently the stators on these are known to go out, especially if anythung electrical is added. I have to jump mine. It'll fire up and run great, just won't charge. I've read about adding an alternator or mounting a dual battery set up. That's the only issue I've had. So if you plan on adding any accessories, know it's coming. A couple hundred bucks for a new stator and it looks like a bit of a project to swap out.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Just got back from a few days in Matthews NC (not a Rhino trip 🙁). So mine is a 2012 model and I've yet to have (hope this doesn't bite me in the butt) any stator issues. See attached to get an idea of what they can handle:

·
Registered
215 Posts
As a long time owner of a Rhino, I replaced wheel bearings and rear knuckle bushings a few times. As stated check your voltage gauge if you have accessories,I replaced my stator 3 times. Keep your radiator hosed out from mud.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I’ve replaced all the wheel bearings at least once, 2 knuckles, 2 tie rod ends, the brake line, 2 wet clutches, 2 front skid plates, both rear brake calipers, and 2 axles. That said, I wouldn’t trade my Rhino for anything (maybe a 63 Vette….haha), it’s taken me everywhere I needed to go and some places I didn’t. It’s got a custom gauge panel with rocker switches for winch, light bar, fan override and done light, led headlights, a 20” light bar, mud deflectors, a custom made by me coolant bottle protector, rear underbed heat deflector, Rzr drivers seat, 3500 Super Winch, and 27” Mud Bug tires.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts