Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Further discovery, when you first turn on the ignition I see 3V on the fuel pump terminal and in about a second the voltage goes to 0. I found a diagram of that pump relay. One side of the relay coil is ignition switch 12V and the other terminal goes to the ECM which provides ground IF it is safe to run. After one second that terminal goes to 12V which I guess means there is a safety switch somewhere that is not allowing the ECM to ground that terminal...??

·
Registered
493 Posts
Look at the connector under the relay base to make sure the wire is solidly in the terminal or not corroded. I have seen these go bad albeit rarely. I trust you know the fan relay was good. Take a lonnnng wire from the base of the relay to the pump connector and verify if there is continuity. If not chase it down.
It sounds like you do not have a wiring diagram....it's at the end of the service manual. You need to download the manual and review. The red/blue also is connected to ECU. I would make a fused hot wire to the pump from the battery and see if it would start. If so it tells you the Red/blue wire is separated somewhere between the ECU connection and the pump. At least that would be my next step.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I missed your #21 post....that's what I alluded to earlier that I do not know how ECU gets into the mix. The rollover valve is just a fuel vent valve that I do not believe has any electrical to it but that should be verified. Not sure if there is another electrical valve that controls but the process of wiring the pump directly with a bypass wire should maybe help you figure it out. However your original post led me to believe you parked it running and then a month later in the barn it would not start. If that the case it sounds like corrosion or vermin.

·
Registered
493 Posts
And BTW I do not know who changed this forum format and why, but so far I am hating it and will probably just quit it. but if my posts are helpful to the original poster I will try to finish this thread...…

·
Registered
373 Posts
And BTW I do not know who changed this forum format and why, but so far I am hating it and will probably just quit it. but if my posts are helpful to the original poster I will try to finish this thread...…
You're not alone in your feelings about the "new look". Despite what the masters are saying about it, it's probably a market driven change that allows for more advertising which equals more dollars. I hate it also.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
I dont notice any differace in tapatalk, are u guys on a comp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Jimclemjr- I'm tempted to disconnect the ECU from the ground side of the relay coil and just ground the coil. I'm fairly certain that would get me fuel pressure. Would that be a bad idea ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Jimclemjr- I got it fixed. The starter relay assembly has a 10A fuse for the fuel system and that fuse was blown. I replaced that fuse but it did not fix the issue. The contacts on the fuse socket were corroded. When I replaced the assembly it started right up. I appreciate everyones help !!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I dont notice any differace in tapatalk, are u guys on a comp?

I am typically using a Windows tablet and it is also about the same on my office Windows laptop.
amx - glad you got it fixed and thx for feedback for all's education. I have seen the wires made up by factory have just a few strands in connector hidden from sight and after a few years they corroded apart.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Desktop - big difference! Is not compatible with IE for Windows 7 (lots of crazy graphics) which I understand is no longer MS supported. Guess I'm going to have to breakdown and upgrade to Windows 10
:( but that still won't leave me liking their new format.....

21 - 30 of 30 Posts