Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day was driving my Rhino all over my property it was 105 degrees. Got in an hour later and it just died while driving it. Fuel was good and it would start with the choke just died when I opened the choke. Let it sit overnight ran fine the next day. Got in it yesterday 108 degrees out Rhino had not been run and it would start with the choke just died when I opened the choke. This morning it started right up and I drove 1/4 mile not problems.

I was thinking vapor lock but that would not happen when the engine is being started cold. I have also heard the newer gas doesn't vapor lock very easy.

Open for suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The other day was driving my Rhino all over my property it was 105 degrees. Got in an hour later and it just died while driving it. Fuel was good and it would start with the choke just died when I opened the choke. Let it sit overnight ran fine the next day. Got in it yesterday 108 degrees out Rhino had not been run and it would start with the choke just died when I opened the choke. This morning it started right up and I drove 1/4 mile not problems.

I was thinking vapor lock but that would not happen when the engine is being started cold. I have also heard the newer gas doesn't vapor lock very easy.

Open for suggestions?
It has a carb.

·
Registered
2005 660
76 Posts
I would replace the fuel filter if you haven't already and check the pickup line in the fuel tank. If those are good check for spark next time the issue occurs. You may have a case of an electrical component expanding and causing loss of ignition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would replace the fuel filter if you haven't already and check the pickup line in the fuel tank. If those are good check for spark next time the issue occurs. You may have a case of an electrical component expanding and causing loss of ignition.
I think I have replaced the fuel filter, but will check again. Will check the pickup line in the fuel tank. Did recently replace the computer for a non-governed Moose computer.

I was also concerned because part of my fuel line has insulation and part doesn't, both run right next to the cylinder head.

Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts