Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything that can be done to this dog other than trade it in on a bigger machine ? Also at altitude it smokes , cuts out and has a top speed of 25mph . Thanks in advance .

·
Registered
373 Posts
Is there anything that can be done to this dog other than trade it in on a bigger machine ? Also at altitude it smokes , cuts out and has a top speed of 25mph . Thanks in advance .

Other than being a 450, the smoking issue at altitude is likely a carb jet problem. If you live or play at 1500' or better you may have to go with a leaner jet. Know that there are obvious limitations with the smaller 450 as opposed to the 700, which is fuel injected and automatically compensates fuel mixture at any elevation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am aware that this is only a 450 but jeez 30 mph top speed ? I live at 2000 ft so I guess a tune is in order . Thanks .

·
Registered
373 Posts
I am aware that this is only a 450 but jeez 30 mph top speed ? I live at 2000 ft so I guess a tune is in order . Thanks .

When I purchased my 2012 Rhino (in 2013) it was totally stock and pristine. At 38 mph the speed limiter would kick in and the party was over. Most stock 700s go between 35-41 mph so 30 mph out of your 450 probably is about right. The Rhinos are not naturally speed demons, but they sure are hard to kill.. I finally ended up enhancing the performance to compensate for having added a 100+ lbs in "stuff". Now, on a good day, I might see 51/53 mph but it took a few $$ to get there.

Reach out to Todd Eldridge at Hunter Works - he may have some suggestions for ya.

Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts