Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My unit has 26" tires, stock 700fi and I am wanting more top end and bottom end. I have friends that has rzr's and I am wanting to get mine more up to speed to keep up with those darn rzr's. I hear alot about the wv hotrod sheaves, msd, cdi's, exhaust and more but what is the best combo to achieve more power to the ground. Does the exhaust systems really help power or more just sound??? I have always heard the 700fi rhino's could be hopped up more but I need help with the best combo power adders for the money. More power means more play time and we all need some of that, can u all help....

·
Registered
81 Posts
CDI, WV HotRod Sheave setup. best bang for your buck. James is a good guy, will explain all you need to know about removing, and reinstalling the sheave. you will gain bottom end torque, and should expect speeds of 55mph or better. this sheave with the weight combo will also lower your crusing RPMs so It doesn't sound like your rhino is going to blow. Go to the vendor section, and look under "JBS Hotrod Sheaves" read up on what everyone is saying.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so from what I have read looks like wv hotrod sheave, get ahold of bret at msd and what from there, do i need a programmer also or does the msd take care of all of it like fuel mapping, rev limiters and so on????? I am still new to the fuel injection and dont quit understand what I need. I hear of some people using a msd and a fuel programmer and some just use msd, what is the best....

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am a huge fan of my MSD ignition and cam from Hunterworks. Made a huge difference. That should help for all around power. That hod rod sheave will give you all the dig you need in the bottom end as well.

·
Registered
985 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
We are the online dealer now for WV Hot Rod Sheaves...

WV Hot Rod Rhino 700 Sheaves at RuttingRhino.com

WV Hot Rod Rhino 660 Sheaves at RuttingRhino.com

I installed one on a bone stock 2011 rhino 700 yesterday for garyhartaz here on the forum...

I had a damned hard time convincing him that the WV Hot Rod Rhino Sheave machined for OD Slider Weights was an absolute NO-BRAINER and single best thing he could possibly do for performance...

I told him it would be FASTER not slower from 0-300' and that his Rhino 700 would hit the factory rev limiter at 50 mph....

And I also told him that he would NOT need an MSD or Exhaust (nothing wrong with either but those should be done after and not before the Hot Rod Sheave) to have better than stock acceleration and 50 mph top speed with out over-revving the motor...

He put me on the spot and I went out and we installed it on his vehicle and did lot's of before and after timed 0-300' holeshots...

The product delivered exactly as advertised...

Gary was very happy with how easy it was...and the huge 'bang for the buck in performance'...without having to get into the weeds of a/f and ignition curves...without having to install and exhaust...without having to spend all that money...and above all...his wife was very happy that is was still bone stock quiet...:13:

You cannot match that much less beat it with any other sheave...

We have EXACTLY what you are asking for... :)

NOTE: We have more grease less od slider weight and grease less round roller weight options available that my not be shown on website at this time...we are still putting all this stuff on website and getting pics etc...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts