Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so when the machine is to the floor it sputters but if i cover the intake with my hand (vent) it runs good . I put a COVID blue mask on it and it runs Awsome ! Take the mask off seems like it is flooding out or something ! Makes no sense t on me just started happening after a backfire I guess . Any ideas?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sounds like you may be running lean on the fuel side of things - like a fuel flow issue. Check fuel flow at carb inlet by removing the fuel line at the carb - put end of hose in a coke or similar bottle - crank engine over to see how much fuel is coming out. If flow is very weak check fuel filter - may be plugged or partially restricted. If filter is okay you may have a weak fuel pump or perforated fuel line - something is causing a lack of fuel to the carb. If fuel flow is good (to the carb) then you have a carb issue...

·
Registered
2 Posts
If it just started happening after a backfire, I'd say the diaphragm of the slider was dislodged or damaged. If that leaks, the slider won't pull up when the throttle is opened, and the needle won't retract, which won't allow gas to flow in at the right rate with an open throttle, which makes it really lean. When you cover the intake, you're adding choke, which richens the mixture, allowing it to run. You can check this, some, by reaching into the carb throat and pushing the slider up with a finger. If it takes a second or two to come back down, then the diaphragm is OK, but if it just falls back quickly then you need to find the hole and fix it (probably a new diaphragm/ slider/ needle assembly). It doesn't require the carb to be removed to replace the diaphragm assembly- just take the top of the carb off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts