Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its happened to me two weekends back to back. Last weekend we were riding and stopped, rhino wouldn't start back. After looking for awhile, one of the wires came off the fuel regulator.

This weekend same thing. Stopped for a break, wouldn't start back. Not getting any fuel. Pulled line off carb, and not getting anything. Checked both the wires on fuel regulator and they are ok. Possible fuel pump, but not sure. Is fuel pump electric? Anything else to look for??

Thanks

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
These problems are typical for 660 rhino...

Fuel Delivery Kit Forum

We manufacture and sell the fuel delivery products you should have...

This kit will eliminate some problems, prevent others, and always make it much simpler and easier to trouble shoot any other problems you may have...

Click on the link above and see what our customers say about it...

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Its happened to me two weekends back to back. Last weekend we were riding and stopped, rhino wouldn't start back. After looking for awhile, one of the wires came off the fuel regulator.

This weekend same thing. Stopped for a break, wouldn't start back. Not getting any fuel. Pulled line off carb, and not getting anything. Checked both the wires on fuel regulator and they are ok. Possible fuel pump, but not sure. Is fuel pump electric? Anything else to look for??

Thanks
What wires are you refering to? The'07 does not have a oem regulator. From the factory the '04-07s have a vacum operated pump that is located behind the pass seat. Have you checked/changed the fuel filter? Also, check the roll over valve/vent tube, it may be plugged.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, primed system by disconnecting main fuel line and filling it with gas. Reattached line and started right up. Has been running for awhile on its on.

It's like it lost it's prime. Any idea's. Hate to ride with a water bottle full of gas all the time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let rhino run for about 15 minutes, rode it down the road and back a couple of miles. All was ok. Let it set for about 30 minutes and it won't start again. Probably lost prime again.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
just carry a can of starting fluid, and take the lil tube off carb squirt sum fluid in there and it will fire right up , u dont need to bring a bottle of gas,

plus if u remove the vent tube from behind the seat going into the lil round black thing ,pop it off then blow into it and it will send gas thru the lines to carb and prime it to

also the clear fuel line kit from craig u can see everything that is going on to

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was incorrect in the no start. After sitting for 30 minutes, Rhino started but only ran for a few seconds then died. I pulled choke out, it started again and ran for about a minute, then it wouldn't start.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
throw a new fuel filter in there to ,

get the clear glass 5/16 line fuel filter from the auto parts store

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had all kinds of crazy problems and it was all because it needed a new fuel filter. It's located behind the passenger seat and behind a black plastic cover change it first. It solved all my problems..... Good luck boyz....

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
i would get ruttingrhinos fuel line kit, maybe u have old hoses cracked or getting lose, cuzing u to lose prime

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Do you still have the original fuel pickup? Its made out of plastic. Several companies sell them. It is included in RRs kit. Changing the fuel lines with transparent fuel lines will help diagnose you problem. What fuel pump do you have? Stock pumps are junk!

Also next time it wont start remove the gas cap and see if will start. Plugged vent/roll over valve. Son inlaws rhino wouldnt start after a beverage stop. Removed the cap and it would start in a couple of seconds. Rollover valve was plugged.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Buy the Rutting Rhinoi fuel kit with pick up. I swear it will solve all your problem. Mine did the exact same thing. Fixed now

·
Registered
12 Posts
I suggest the Ruttingrhino Fuel Line Kit and pick up. I got mine several weeks and love it. It solves several potential problems and makes diagnosing fuel system problems simple. Craig is extremely helpful and will answer all your questions both before and after the sell. If the kit does not resolve your issue Craig will continue to help you get it worked out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts