Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2006 Yamaha Rhino 660. The issue that I'm having with it is, when I bought it the four-wheel drive fuse was blown, so I replaced it and it hasn't blown since. But when the headlights are on the four-wheel drive servo motor relay just clicks constantly. And the servo motor just makes a noise to go along with that. Any ideas what it could be? I've already tried swapping the servo motor, the four-wheel drive switch and the relays around but it doesn't make a difference. I am completely stumped.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would look for a grounding issue. Sounds like the headlights are back feeding into the 4wd relay.

If you can find and link me to a wiring diagram, I'll let you know where to look

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not sure what diode you are talking about. The brake lights would use the same ground as the tail lights, that would come on when the headlights are on. That would have me thinking a bad ground for the tail/brake lights.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Start checking your grounds. If the tail/head/brake lights don't have a good ground, it will start looking for the next best place. That could be through the 4wd relay.
Yeah when it's doing this battery voltage is well below 12 volts and this is just with the key on engine off in the headlights on It's worse when the radiator fan kicks on. I've narrowed it down to a bad voltage regulator

1 - 10 of 10 Posts