Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have only had my 2006 660 Rhino since summer , and was told that there is a ignition up grade kit , that I can install that will give me higher RPM, more speed.

What is this up graded ignition and what else is involved in doing it ?

Is it a Yamaha piece , and what other parts will I need to buy?

My 660 engine is mostly stock , with a K&N filter and FMF pipe, and thats about it. It will do 70 (45 MPH) Kilometers per hour flat out with me and the wife and 2 kids. not bad but I need more power ! lol

If not Yamaha who else makes a plug in ignition set-up?

Or what other improvements are a good way to go ?

Thanks Thefbi355

·
Registered
197 Posts
That's a CDI box. I don't know which is the best for a 660; I have an MSD for my 700 and am happy with it.

If you install a machined sheave, that will help as well. While you're doing the sheave, also do the greaseless weights and sliders.

And kicking out the wife and kids will also help. lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Thunderbolt.
Thanks I will check with MSD, What is a machined sheave? never heard of it before.
I'm guessing it is to do with the clutch?

I tried kicking them out but it won't work they are too comfortable in the Rhino! lol

When I had my 750 Raptor they were scared _hitless and wouldn't ride with me . But the Rhino i can't go as fast ! Yet, sure do miss the Raptor! Oh well Thanks again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
CDI

The MSD Charge speed enhancer will give you more top end speed, ruttingrhino.com sells them very reasonably. It is super easy to install. He also makes an intake kit that will give you some more power. Beyond that the general concensus on the forum is that JBS makes the best sheave. You can also send your carb to Alba racing to have it bored out to make a few more ponies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.