Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poping grinding sound in rear differential in 2wd only does in drive not in reverse

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Worn rear driveshaft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Any signs or damaged mounts in the rear diff? The 2 top mounts are prone to cracking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No all good I took all apart and the damper on shaft the black piece is missing when I jack up the back tires it dont do it either

·
Registered
474 Posts
If it has one rear brake, I would check that anyway ... it can make a horrible noise so bad you would think the rear diff and both axles are locking up.

If the axle is locking up that is most likely the bearings in the outer hub.

Sorry I didn't reply quicker, this new site takes some getting used to, and I am not used to coming here yet ... haven't got used to it yet!

·
Registered
395 Posts
If it has one rear brake, I would check that anyway ... it can make a horrible noise so bad you would think the rear diff and both axles are locking up.

If the axle is locking up that is most likely the bearings in the outer hub.

Sorry I didn't reply quicker, this new site takes some getting used to, and I am not used to coming here yet ... haven't got used to it yet!
I doubt very many of us like the "new look" - it may have to do with bandwidth limitations - I don't know but it sure would be nice for those responsible to al least make a statement as to why they changed it. MS Office did the same thing a few years ago with Outlook - gotta be a reason..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts