Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am new to this forum and a first time owner of a UTV. I just bought a 2006 450. It has 312 hours on it and appears to be in excellent condition with no real signs of abuse. However went to start it yesterday and there was nothing when I turned on the key. No lights on the dash no lights working when I turned on the lights switch, nothing. I checked the battery it has a good charge, messed around with everything I could think of, kept trying and all of a sudden it started right up. Drove it for while turned it off and nothing again. Have not had any time to trouble shoot but thought I would reach out to see if anyone has had this problem or has suggestions on what I should be looking for.
Thanks in advance for any advise you might have.

·
Holiday Winner!
605 Posts
Could be as simple as the ignition switch. Have you checked the main fuse? If I remember correctly there are two near the fire wall, one is a spare. I doubt it will be the fuse as it started once.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I have narrowed it down to the starter relay. I have one on order and will install it next week when I have the time and see if that fixes the problem. Next issue is its running real rough when its put under a load. Idles fine but when you go up an incline it sputters and misses then eventually clears up and runs ok. I am planning on changing the fuel filter and fuel pump as well as the spark plug to see if that clears things up. If not might get a new carb. Time will tell I will keep you posted
Thanks for the reply :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts