Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
x

sell me that lightbar..........I'll give ya 400 cash and a mossburg 12guage home defense shotgun with the Surefire forend LED momentary switch bar,both barrells short and long,both stocks,pistol grip and standard,all black,really cool shotgun.......cameron..

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
xp900

u might want to go check out the 35 pages of broken rzr xp900 complaints on the rzr forum and do some homework prior to buying one,just a heads up...the first ten pages are when they were brand new,get to the good complaints around half through and to the end,thats when the big problems start,after they've been out and used and abused...........not saying that the xp900 is junk, its an awesome machine from the get go, just saying their customer service and their testing program is a total flipn joke....they just ship it out and let the public test their products for them and cross their fingers and hope it stays together.....the dealers are complaining that the factory won't even return their calls or send them warrantied parts to fix problems, locking up drive shafts,tiny reverse chains in the trans snapping,blown up motors etc....I'd waite a few more years on an xp900 for sure,the 800 series cars are proving to be a good little piece, just be gentle with them as they are thin on the suspension mounts...

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
rzr4

more reliable from the sounds of it,not as fast for sure, they kill the bushings in all the a- arms quite prematurely, my buddy only has about 500 miles on his and he's pulled all the suspension off to replace the cheap hard plastic bushings in all the a arms....just be very carefull, the Proshop in stanton ca. has rzrs in the shop all the time for a arm mounts being torn out as the frames are very thin and underbuilt,more than our rhinos....the engines(800s) have proven reliable,which is great....

My buddy dunes with us all the time,it pulls the hills comparible to a stock 660 rhino with pipe and clutch and piston, on Proshops dyno the 760cc rzr engine puts down around 37hp at the wheels,stock rhinos only 20hp, 1000 can am 54, xp900 around 58,all stock form....my 686 with stock valves 11-1 piston 48.6hp @ the rear wheels....

my buddys who have owned long travel rhinos and then rzrs have been dissapointed at how easily the frames have bent on the rzrs,both have had their frames straightened and gusseted by me. They have said how their rhinos would take 4 times the beating and come out fine....

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's cool, I miss the rush from riding quads and dirt bikes but I'm not young so, I'll sell one old man ride and get an older man ride.

·
Registered
985 Posts
more reliable from the sounds of it,not as fast for sure, they kill the bushings in all the a- arms quite prematurely, my buddy only has about 500 miles on his and he's pulled all the suspension off to replace the cheap hard plastic bushings in all the a arms....just be very carefull, the Proshop in stanton ca. has rzrs in the shop all the time for a arm mounts being torn out as the frames are very thin and underbuilt,more than our rhinos....the engines(800s) have proven reliable,which is great....

My buddy dunes with us all the time,it pulls the hills comparible to a stock 660 rhino with pipe and clutch and piston, on Proshops dyno the 760cc rzr engine puts down around 37hp at the wheels,stock rhinos only 20hp, 1000 can am 54, xp900 around 58,all stock form....my 686 with stock valves 11-1 piston 48.6hp @ the rear wheels....

my buddys who have owned long travel rhinos and then rzrs have been dissapointed at how easily the frames have bent on the rzrs,both have had their frames straightened and gusseted by me. They have said how their rhinos would take 4 times the beating and come out fine....
Wow didn't know the frames were that weak. Two of my buddies sold there Rhinos last year and bought RZR 4. So far they are holding up. I will let them know about the bushings. Is there any aftermarket bushing that can be used?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts