Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 660 Rhino
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "good" news is the jug isn't hosed.

Cracked valve guide and bent exhaust valve.

The previous owner did a valve job and forgot to put the spring around the valve keeper.:mad::mad:(n)(n)

·
Registered
2006 660 Rhino
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good news about the jug and hopefully that's all the damage you find.
So far. I don't know if I should just split the cases and do the bottom end anyway or just go for the top end.

I only have about a month before it's too hot to take it to the desert.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Camshaw told me about your rhino -I see your fixing it -cool- since your a desert long travel deal with proof that this is a interference engine it might be wise to tear it down completely. Upgrade some parts & inspect....make sure the crank pin and rod aren’t damaged. Ck the one way bearing ,all the chains-wet clutch shift drum
etc and reseal-if things look and feels cherry and with zero prior issues ...then fix the head & top end components-only if your sure there’s no metal debris sitting in the-sump...just a few suggestions without seeing it for
Myself - good luck on your build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 660 Rhino
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

Still not 100% I'll fix it. Parts are getting hard to find (not Chinese clone parts, but OEM parts).

Might still sell her and buy a boat.;)
Camshaw told me about your rhino -I see your fixing it -cool- since your a desert long travel deal with proof that this is a interference engine it might be wise to tear it down completely. Upgrade some parts & inspect....make sure the crank pin and rod aren’t damaged. Ck the one way bearing ,all the chains-wet clutch shift drum
etc and reseal-if things look and feels cherry and with zero prior issues ...then fix the head & top end components-only if your sure there’s no metal debris sitting in the-sump...just a few suggestions without seeing it for
Myself - good luck on your build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts