Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 660
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a 2006 660 with a blown engine. The air box was missing and I believe the PO used a clamp on Uni filter on the carburetor. Yamaha does not sell the lower air box and I have not seen one for sale anywhere. can I use an air box from a 450? Are there any other options? All the info and or threads I have seen are from the early to mid 2000's. Any and all thoughts are welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Call the guy you bought it from and ask him if he has any parts leftover from it. When I sell stuff, sometimes I forget "the stuff in the shed". lol Oh yea, ask him if he has any books or manuals for it also, he wouldn't need them, I always forget about the books.

·
Registered
2006 660
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guy I bought it from bought it to fix and lost interest before even beginning as he was in over his head. We cleaned everything out of where it was stored so no luck with parts left behind. I found a Yamaha service manual for cheap on flebay. There is a guy that makes cold air intakes but they are not exactaly what I want and id have to cut them up for my application, it would be a no brainer if they were not so spendy.

·
Registered
2006 660
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, I happened to find one locally and a few weeks later I came across a running 06 660 all stock but very weathered. I swapped all the bodywork and goodies like suspension,tires, wheels, winch, light bar etc and now have a real nice runner. I'm going to rebuild the blown up engine and put it in the weathered one.
I now have two nice Rhinos for half the price of one. The sun shines on a dogs ass sometimes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts