Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 660
114 Posts
Make sure your ground wiring is good first, specifically the black pigtail wire at the negative terminal on the battery.

There are several posts here about modifying the ground wiring as that tiny pigtail is the only ground for the entire electrical system, aside from the starter. The large negative cable runs to the starter, everything else is through that pigtail. It will probably look half burnt like mine did before I did the mod.

It could also be a bad ignition switch or starter relay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure your ground wiring is good first, specifically the black pigtail wire at the negative terminal on the battery. There are several posts here about modifying the ground wiring as that tiny pigtail is the only ground for the entire electrical system, aside from the starter. The large negative cable runs to the starter, everything else is through that pigtail. It will probably look half burnt like mine did before I did the mod. It could also be a bad ignition switch or starter relay.
Make sure your ground wiring is good first, specifically the black pigtail wire at the negative terminal on the battery. There are several posts here about modifying the ground wiring as that tiny pigtail is the only ground for the entire electrical system, aside from the starter. The large negative cable runs to the starter, everything else is through that pigtail. It will probably look half burnt like mine did before I did the mod. It could also be a bad ignition switch or starter relay.
Okay thank you! I have replaced cdi box, starter relay , key switch head light switch and still same problem. Where is that wire located ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts