Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to this forum and have been looking but havnt found exactly what im looking for. So please dont blast me if this has been covered. I have a 2005 rhino and im interested in putting hids on it. I previously owned another atv and I just replaced bulbs. From what I have been reading I have to replace a cover of some sort. Am I understanding this right? Also is there a good site to buy a kit with bulbs/balast and the housing (or whatever it is called)?

thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
It really depends on what you want to do. If you want to keep the high low than i would recomend the rigid kit. This is what i have and its great. But they dont make it for a 05 so you will have to get new housings not a big deal but just lettin you no. I had to also. Or others have had good luck with a place called ddm tuning kits. They are only like 40 bucks but no high low. I got my stuff at benchmark. Call steven he will get ya what you need. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Rako.. Camo is absolutely right. If you want Hi/Lo then Rigid is the right thing. I did not care about lo as i only trail and off road at night for rides and night hunting. I have an 06 and bought the Xentec kit for 45.00 ( 2 yr warranty on bulbs, and ballasts) plug and play. I literaly took out the old bulbs put the new ones in with a twist and plugged in worked fine.. I am kinda anal so I then put on a relay for the lights just to be safe as I did not want to blow a fuse on trail.. PERFECT.. Then I purchased 2 more kits with H3 bulbs for the for my lights on the jstrong roof and just converted them to HID. Same kits same guy very pleased. hope that helps. There are super folks here on this forum who sell the kits and I would buy from these guys before anywhere else if I had known it at the time. These guys here are SUPER stand up guys who know and love the Rhino!

·
Registered
118 Posts
im running the xentec hid kit off ebay and its working great. think i paid 36.00 for mine. real easy to set up, pretty much plug n play. good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot guys! That was just the info I was looking for. Im not that worried about high/low. I run high/low in my jeep and really low is all I need. I will just go ahead and order some from ddmtuning. I have ordered several from this company. Thanks again for your fast responses!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts