Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new and found the forum searching for answers and thought Id reach out. I have an 04 Yamaha Rhino that I am putting back to stock as it had an Edlebrock carb on it. I have ordered the pieces that I believe that I needed, new stock throttle cable, new choke cable, hoses, and maybe a couple other items. The carb I ordered was generic off ebay and tried one off Amazon. My first question is this, the cover plate for the throttle body doesn't cover, is there something I'm missing here or is the plate not mfg correctly and this was a cheap build? A 2nd question I had was related to the choke cable, is that common to have play where it attaches to the carb body, I mean it can't pull out since connected to the needle but when the choke is not engaged it can be pulled some. And the 3rd question I had for now is the throttle cable is definatley long enough, is that common to simply coil the excess near the air box before attaching to the carb? Thank you for any help.

Attachments

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Welcome to the site, your best bet is to go to Tinken's signature and download a maint manual that way you can see what your missing. Just above the red sheave is a series engine sizes just click on your engine size.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the site, your best bet is to go to Tinken's signature and download a maint manual that way you can see what your missing. Just above the red sheave is a series engine sizes just click on your engine size.
thank you, have got the manual downloaded and will be handy for sure. i will figure out the cables but from the manual it looks like that cover in the pics i attached is off, i didn't know if i was missing something about the configuration that i had to do, but if anyone has put on one of these inexpensive aftermarket oem replacements if that cover is not mfg correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts